Title: Information Systems Manager (Huntsville, AL)
Business Unit: ADS
340 The Bridge Street, Suite 204
Huntsville, Alabama, 35806
The Information Systems Manager oversees IT Infrastructure across the multiple locations. This person is responsible for making sure that the company's infrastructure and associated systems run smoothly and perform within agreed targets and provide a secure platform for the company's business operations. The Information Systems Manager will manage the systems administration and telecoms staff, will work closely with the software engineering and finance teams, and will report to the Director of Products.
- Participate in department budget planning, strategic systems planning, project planning, infrastructure design/implementation and disaster recovery planning and protection.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Coordinate purchasing of equipment and software ensuring compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Lead and support network and communications implementations for all corporate departments and branch offices to include needs assessment, price quotes, design, negotiation and management of vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure data and communication network products and services.
- Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
Administer the IT help desk function for computer, network, and application maintenance and system access protocols.
Ensure SOX compliance through process adherence and audit support.
Critical Success Factors
Ability to come up with creative new technology solutions to address any problems that arise, or to improve the efficiency of the organization’s IT infrastructure, applications and systems.
Ability to communicate to all levels within the organization.
Positive attitude with a willingness to respond to critical service issues during off hours
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
5 years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs (policy and route-based)
Cisco or Telecom Industry certifications are a plus
- Experience with Deltek, Costpoint, T&E, and Cognos Microsoft SQL Server software applications
- Experience working with telephony platform, such as Mitel for the maintenance and programming of the telephone and voicemail system
- Experience working and connecting with various cloud vendors, such as AWS, Google or Microsoft
- Experience working with software engineering teams and a sound understanding of the software development life cycle
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards including Active Directory, Group Policies, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Microsoft SQL Serve
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on
- Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems
- 2 years proficient supervisory experience
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled