Business Unit: Corken
Location: USA-OK-Oklahoma City
Sets-ups and operates a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments at CNC work centers. Uses computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines to cut and shape precision products, such as machine parts and compressors. Carefully plans and prepares machining operation by reviewing three-dimensional computer aided/automated design (CAD) blueprints of the part. Calculates exact placement to cut work-piece and determines the appropriate speed to feed metal into machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Assists in NC and CNC programming.
2. Selects tools and materials for the job and plans the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
3. Checks new programs to ensure that the machinery will function properly and that the output will meet specifications.
4. Constantly checks for problems during machine process and modifies cutting program to account for any problems encountered.
5. Provides operator backup at critical work centers.
6. Promotes high levels of safety and housekeeping in all areas of the facility.
7. Actively participates in problem prevention and problem solving as part of Corken's on-going program of continuous improvement.
8. Maintains high levels of work center performance by performing preventive maintenance as required.
9. Supports all regulations and requirements that are necessary for ISO-9001 and ISO-140001.
1.Basic knowledge of CNC programming.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
2. Must posses a minimum of five (5) years machining experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position or have obtained a two year technical degree or is currently enrolled in such program, or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.