Title: Quality Engineer
Business Unit: Viking Pump
Location: USA-IA-Cedar Falls
Viking Pump, Inc. a Unit of IDEX Corporation based in Cedar Falls, IA is the world's leading manfacturer of rotary positive displacement pumps. We are a growing organization, seeking qualified individuals for our Quality Engineer opening.
This role will apply, maintain and develop quality processes which drive the requirements and standards for product development and manufacturing products
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary quality assurance resource to Department Supervisor(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Support concurrent Engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Develop, conduct and monitor the necessary training to meet quality objectives.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Coordinate corrective actions for resolving quality problems identified by company personnel, customer complaints and OEM customer requirements. Recommend and implement methods for improving product and service quality levels.
- Review purchase orders to suppliers and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Assist in the development of new and existing suppliers.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and ensure effective corrective action is implemented.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in quality, engineering, or manufacturing processes.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous work with suppliers in a quality or sourcing role desirable.
- Experience with international teams desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to move within office and manufacturing complex, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accomodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 847-498-7070- Job Opportunities.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled