Title: Technical Customer Service Manager
Business Unit: Toptech
Responsible for commodity management and sourcing of all direct and indirect materials as assigned. Includes ensuring product quality, delivery, and landed cost. Negotiate contracts for assigned commodity code items with emphasis on all the parameters required to meet the objectives and goals. Develop techniques to select suppliers capable of meeting quality and delivery goals at the best total cost.
Develop commodity strategies and lead supply chain initiatives/projects to achieve best possible delivery and cost structure.
• Keep current on key market indicators and commodities pricing.
• Identify and lead value engineering and supplier improvement initiatives
• Develop a second source for key items, where appropriate, to ensure a position of leverage.
• Develop strategic suppliers and eliminate high-risk and poorly performing suppliers.
• Test supplier pricing and ensure it is market-based through aggressive use of structured RFQs with multiple quotes and online auctions.
• Source aggressively in LCR when it makes good business sense.
• Calculate, understand, and minimize true landed cost for assigned commodities.
• Develop and implement transition plans when re-sourcing suppliers.
• Drive lead time reduction efforts with the supply base. Includes kanban replenishment, consignment inventory, and VMI programs.
Negotiate and manage suppliers to achieve quality, delivery, and cost targets within respective commodities.
• Develop negotiation strategies, tactics, and implementation plans.
• Communicate to suppliers IDEX quality requirements and expectations.
• Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers of assigned commodity code items ensuring that the best total cost is realized. Contracts will include such items, as discounts, payment terms, shipping terms, stocking agreements, quality parameters, service requirements, supply chain connections and other items deemed valuable.
• Audit suppliers on a regular basis
Ensure repeatable product quality and on-time delivery from our supply base. This must be a focus at the time a product is in the initial sourcing stages through the entire product life cycle.
• Continuously monitor vendors for process and material changes. When these changes occur ensure that the changes are well documented and will not have any negative effects on product quality.
• Administer, follow-up, and verify all required corrective actions for poor quality.
• Follow up on late shipments. Require corrective action immediately, follow-up on corrective action, and verify implementation.
• Implement and maintain visual parts management system on the production floor.
• Expedite purchase orders as required.
• Control and monitor consigned inventory as necessary.
Ensure good supplier relations. We must treat our suppliers with respect and ensure that they are getting the information they need to help them succeed.
• Provide a reliable forecast with updates as data changes.
• Communicate, coordinate, and lead product changes effectively.
Ensure complete and reliable data accuracy. This must be maintained on a continual basis.
• Update and maintain the supplier and parts master file with the latest information.
• Must have a full understanding of the Purchasing Module in JDE
Work with other departments within the corporation to select new suppliers that are capable of meeting quality, delivery and cost containment parameters as established by the company.
• Support engineering with new product development as it applies to components and suppliers within assigned commodities.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college with minimum 3.0 GPA required.Competencies:
Excellent oral and written communication. Customer service and support management.
Responds promptly to customer needs (internal and external). Daily management principles and techniques.
Lean methodology principles and techniques. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.