Title: Regional Sales Manager - North Central U.S.
Business Unit: Viking Pump
Location: USA-IA-Cedar Falls
Viking Pump, Inc., a Unit of IDEX Corporation based in Cedar Falls, IA, is the world's leading manufacturer of rotary positive displacement pumps. We are a growing organization, seeking qualified individuals for our Regional Sales Manager - North Central U.S. opening.
To exceed annual sales plan established yearly, within the assigned geographic territory. Grow territory, increase share by addressing gap as outlined by “Key Market Growth” survey.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets or exceeds territory sales revenue forecast as established by the RSM, and Business Unit management.
- Make sales calls with/without distributor sales and builds relationships with key customers in the territory. Communicate call results to distributors with action items if applicable.
- Manage "project" activity in the assigned territory, including product offering, recommend pricing levels based on Value Selling concepts, and establish sales strategy while following company policies and objectives.
- Sales call and Lead management to be processed as per company program i.e. Salestrength.
- Make recommendations for new distributors (primary or niche) for territory.
- Working closely with distributor management to complete and implement the annual IDEX Distributor Performance Appraisal (scorecard) and Business Plan for Market Growth.
- Manage Distributor handled OEM's, targeted A&E firms and contractors.
- Develop and implement strategies for displacement of competition at new and existing targeted accounts with the goal of increased market share and penetration.
- Undergo “Value Selling” Training, achieve Green Belt, to implement the process in Channel Partner sales process
- Facilitate required training to distributor personnel on commercial issues.
- Manage territory disputes, commission splits, etc. within the boundaries of the distributor agreement and company sales policies.
- Build relationships with distributor personnel across their organization.
- Insures that Viking gets adequate share of distributor’s time and resources to sell and promote our products and services.
- Provide the company with new product ideas, market trends, territory market data, sales growth strategies, and competitive intelligence. Participate on New Product Development, marketing, and sales teams as required.
- Implementation of e-business initiatives with designated channel partners.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Continually develop personal sales skills via self-development courses, tapes, videos and books.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A college degree and a minimum of five years experience in industrial field sales.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills, planning skills and presentation skills.
- Selling and relationship skills.
- Willingness to travel, including 50% overnight stay.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Computer skills including sales force automation programs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to move within office and manufacturing complex, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and all levels of corporate and company personnel.
- Works closely with other unit field sales management, other IDEX business units, IDEX Strategic Account Management organization, Customer Support Center (CSC), Applications and Product Engineering, Warranty & Repair, Information Systems, and Accounting.
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternative way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com or call us at 847-498-7070 - Job Opportunities.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.